Tuesday, April 17, 2012

As time goes by

Yesterday I responded to a Facebook posting from a young man I last saw more than 12 years ago. I knew his name, one of many I taught in primary school. What he said in the end touched my heart. That he would never forget me because I taught him all those years back when I was a school principal.

Isn't it amazing that we touch lives and then we move on. Sometimes we even forget how many young lives we have touched and in what way. This young man just does not know how lowly I was feeling and how his kind words just lifted my spirits and made me realize why sometimes I feel that I do not have to give up.

I may not get the satisfaction today of how I know I can change people's lives, and it may not be tomorrow, but I know in more than one way that it will come with time and for some of them it will come with time as well. I have made a difference in many people's lives and this I know. My greatest wish is I will continue to touch people's lives in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment