Sunday, June 19, 2011

Venture

I am trying to start a blog but like all things new I am afraid people may not visit my blog. I have nothing in partiicular to share but the trials and tribulations of my everyday life.

Today especially has been a good day. I woke up to the realization that it was Father's day. My own father passed away almost six years ago. I am so happy he was a huge presence in my upbringing, an influence in my decisions, and an inspiration to all that I became. Today I know he is missed by all his of his 10 existing offspring. I know so because of the bond he created among us as we grew.

 I called my children to find out whether they had called their father to wish him happy father's day. I was saddened when one of them told me it is a different kind of father daughter-relationship. My eldest daughter told me she had wished him a happy father's day.My youngest daughter told me she did not even know that it was father's day. Why oh why could I not have chosen a better father for my children, a man like my father, who nurthured not only us his children but his nephews, nieces and a whole tribe of relatives. My ex-husband I have been seperated now for close to six years. The irony is I lost my father close to the time my marriage crumbled. Do you now see why my spirit was engulfed in sadness on a day others a happy with their families.

My hope and wish is my sons will be the best fathers to their children and will always be present in their lives. I want them to be involved in their children's lives and hopefully never abuse their wives, and any other human being they come across in life. I am lucky my son-in-law is a living example of what fathers do with their children. He is always busy with his young son and infant daughter. I hope it will always be that way.

I will keep you informed of my struggles and success as I build on this blog. All your honest and kind comments will be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you were blessed with a father who was able to support all his children and keep them all together. I thank aNjanji because he gave us you. You were able to keep us all together. Very few siblings have what you have given us, and for that thank you.

    ReplyDelete