Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Try, Try, Try again!

I am not sure how many times in my primary school teaching years I encouraged my students by telling them try, try, try again. If at first you do not succeed try, try, try again! Simply said but not easy to do! I had almost forgotten about it until last night.

I am not a numbers person and last time I wrote how I felt like I am being a glutton for punishment, it is because I never give up without fighting or trying per se.

Last night I went to bed after 3 am. I had been struggling with the golden rule of stats, the probability, the 2x2 table in stats. No matter how much I told myself I could do it I was almost giving up, however last night I accomplished it.

I worked on my 2x2 tables, on the probability questions, and the golden rule of solving problems in public health. I was almost giving up when I convinced myself to try once more. When I got one right, and the next and the next I did not want to stop.

I wonder why we give up before we even try. I now believe I can do it, if others can do it, so can I.

1 comment:

  1. Ill just say i got the stat gene from you ma... I had a hard time when i took my first stat class but by the end of the semester it was one of my fav subjects. I looked to my professor for help and when he started explaining things more direct i realized it was one of the easier tasks to complete in college... Good luck ma. Im just saying it as a formality buy deep down i know you don't need luck because you come across problems and turn them to stepping stones. Do what you do mom am always proud and motivated

    ReplyDelete